Friday, November 9, 2007

Diaper Dilemma


Today was Grandpa Miles' birthday! He returned from hunting today so we had him and Grandma over for dinner. Happy birthday Grandpa Miles! Above is a photo of grandpa half asleep in the chair after a long week of hunting, while Tyler plays with his presents.

Here are a couple more photos. Tonight Zachary wanted dad's water from the grown-up cup! I wish I had taken an after photo. Zach did get dad's water....all over his shirt! He was drenched afterwards!

Here is Tyler in the yellow blankie that has helped in the cause of so many bruises to his face.


And here is my diaper dilemma story. So, we're in the boys' room and I'm changing Zach to get him ready for bed. Tyler is playing in the room. Zachary has a nasty poopy diaper, which I am in the middle of changing. As I'm changing it, Tyler decides that this would be the perfect time to destroy his room! He literally pulls about 50 diapers out and proceeds to decorate the carpet. So what do I do? Do I leave the child with the poopy diaper and butt to stop the child trashing the room, knowing that if I do this, the poopy butt child will run around the room causing more chaos while I stop the other child? This is a daily dilemma for me having two little ones. I swear its like they plan all day long how to make messes when mom is tied up with the other child. I know I will offend all of you with singletons, but, my gosh, it is at times like these that I think having one child at a time would be SO EASY! (Yes, I know it's not really easy with one but with having two, it just seems like one would be a breeze). So here's some photos once I got the poopy child changed and grabbed the camera:


Tyler loves his mess

Yes, that is a diaper on his head

He is so proud of himself


I think Zach is just annoyed with the mess


But the good news is that he then decided that all of the diapers should go back in the diaper holder so here he is trying to clean up


4 comments:

Glory Laine said...

I hear ya sister friend. Hey I noticed you haven't gotten the blog coffee details yet. We really would love for you to come. Please email me at theglorylaine@yahoo.com and I'll send you the information.
Becca

Kelli said...

Oh my goodness, Melissa, I'm so offended. I'm going to take you off my blog reading list! HA!! Are you KIDDING?! I SOOOOOOOO don't envy you having two!!! As busy as larissa is, I can't imagine having two of her. Why do you think I freaked out so much when we found out!?!! YOu are doing fabulous with those two monkey's. They are adorable and at least he tried picking up after himself!!!

Tiffany said...

You are right, he is really proud of himself. He probably thinks, "Hey mom, you take these diapers out all the time for us so just let me help ya!"

Tina McAdams said...

oh my gosh, that is hilarious! I'm so glad he decided to help clean up.

I forgot your dad's birthday is the day after my mom's...Happy Birthday Miles!!!