Monday, August 6, 2007

The darned flu bug!!!

Well, I can honestly say that I just experienced the worst 4 days of my life. Mike got the flu on Wednesday. Tyler started throwing up before 5am on Friday. I started in at 3pm that afternoon, and Zachary was about 2 hours after me. I have never experienced such agony in my entire life. And on top of that, I was so sick that I could not even help my children. Thank goodness Trish came over and helped Michael. I had to lay on the couch and listen to my children scream for hours. It was the worst night ever. I had no idea that babies could make so much laundry. We did about 12 loads a day for 3 days. It was the most insane experience ever. And then last night I had to take Tyler into the ER because he wouldn't keep even sips of water down. The nurses tried to get an IV in him and draw blood, but after 3 pokes, Tyler screaming, and me sobbing in the hallway, they gave up. We were sent home after 5 hours with Motrin, anti-nausea medicine, and were told to keep liquids in him as best we could. Duh. Today the boys are starting to heal I think. Poor Tyler is still miserable, but at least now he's fussy! Before he wouldn't even hardly move, so I figure fussy means he at least has some energy to make noise! Anyhow, I just wanted to share how this was the hardest weekend I've ever had as a mother. To watch my children suffer and not be able to care for them, knowing how much they are hurting because I feel it myself, and then to watch my poor baby held down by 3 people while needles are poked into him while he screams. I am just thankful that I have such good friends that helped (thank you Trish and Sandi) and a wonderful husband who does much better with vomit and diarrhea than I!!!

No comments: