Sunday, June 3, 2007

Why spend the money on toys?

I have begun to wonder why I even bother buying toys for the boys. Yes, they do play with their toys and usually enjoy them. But, I find that they are more fascinated by pretty much anything else that they can find! They will be sitting amidst a floor of toys and they want my chapstick and my book. Take right now for example: I just want 5 minutes to finish this post. They have this cool Fisher Price table to pull themselves up on that makes every noise imaginable and where are they? Pulling on my legs, standing and holding on to my chair, playing with a piece of printer paper, pulling on the stand that holds the globe, and flicking the handle on the drawer (their favorite 'toy', by the way). So, out of all of their toys, here are some examples of 'toys' that they choose to play with.
Tyler and the bulb syringe
Zachary eating the coffee table
(he pulls himself up on anything he can BUT the toy that is meant for that)
Zachary playing with the door stopper which makes a phenomenal noise
Tyler playing with the bottles of Tylenol and cold medicine
Tyler shaking a diaper and a wipe
Tyler very proud of himself
And last but not least, Zachary using ME as his own personal jungle gym.
Well, I have now detached the boys from my legs and placed them back in front of their toys for the 9th time in 5 minutes and Tyler is now vocally telling me why that is not okay. So I must go. But the next time I look to buy a toy in the store, I will remind myself of this blog.

2 comments:

Tina McAdams said...

Ah, that is classic!!! And thank God for child-proof caps, right? My mom always says she doesn't know why she buys presents for children because they're always more enthralled with the tissue paper and box!

Princess Jessie Pants said...

I think the door stopper is my favorite pick of their toys - too funny. You are going to have your hands full for the rest of your life, aren't you? :) What cute little guys - so happy for you.