Monday, June 18, 2007

Random Tidbits

Today is going to be a random post. I have several things to write about so bear with me as this could get interesting!
Yesterday was Father's Day. We had a wonderful breakfast and a picnic lunch together. We made dad this pan of peanut butter chocolate bars and used mini M&M's to tell dad how much we love him. I am so grateful for Michael. This Father's Day was bittersweet for us as one of Michael's coworkers was killed in the line of duty. It was a reality check for us on how precious life is and how quickly life can end. My heart goes out to Kelly's family. I am so proud of my husband and what he does for a living. They face dangers every day so that we all are safe. But no matter how dangerous it is, I wouldn't ask him to give it up. He loves his job. I am just trying to remember to tell him how much I love him and how proud I am of him every day before he goes to work.
On to other random things in our lives.......the boys will be 9 months old tomorrow. They are getting so big! They look like toddlers now instead of babies. Which makes me want another baby!!! Don't tell Mike because he'll have a heart attack. Anyhow.....the boys have outgrown their infant car seats so we had to transition to the next step. Here we are, with Tyler in his new car seat in our living room, trying to adjust the straps to get him to fit in it.
This morning, the boys were playing on the floor in our bedroom. Mike had set his monster-sized robe on the bed. Tyler, who loves to hold on to and play with any sort of fabric, pulled Mike's robe off the bed and buried himself in it. It was the cutest thing ever! We looked over and all there was was this lump sitting up under this enormous robe! Tyler eventually worked his head out and here he is making us laugh.
Isn't he just the cutest thing ever?
And the last random tidbit for the day.....the boys love my closet. Granted, my closet is the size of a small bedroom, but still. We keep their toys in there so we always find them in there playing. I had to take a picture of it this afternoon because it just made me laugh looking at them sitting in the closet playing.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I am absolutely amazed at how big these kids are getting. I swear it was just yesterday your belly was huge and you were telling me you couldn't WAIT to get them out! On a more serious side, another officer being killed in the line of duty is for sure a wake up call. Makes me count my blessings and think about what I take for granted, as I know it does you... Our husbands are among the bravest out there.

Princess Jessie Pants said...

That picture of them playing in the closet is so cute. Nice cake too! I'm sure your husband loved that - very sweet of you guys.

And, I too think you should post a copy of the winning essay... :)

Tina McAdams said...

I totally agree with Tiff, I can't believe they're nine months already. I haven't even met them in person yet! Geez...I've got to get down there in person or they'll be graduating high school before we know it!