Monday, June 25, 2007

It's been 10 years already???

So, I had my 10 year high school reunion last weekend. Crazy, I tell ya! How could it have been that long? Sometimes it seems even longer than that though when I think of all that I've been through. It was so surreal being back there in Albany seeing everyone. First, can I just say that I have never seen so much Copenhagen in one room (well, since high school that is)! Some people looked exactly the same, others I couldn't even recognize. I quickly became grateful for the nametags! It's so funny to see how people change. Or don't. There are some who in high school thought that they were 'the bomb' if you will, and are now just these ordinary people. And others who I thought would not do too much in life, but be comfortable, and are now rocking the socks off of this world! Our class has some very diverse people. Mike was impressed with the Naval Aviator who had a photo in the memory book taken in front of this huge jet that he flies. Another friend works for the PGA tour. One of my best friends from high school is working as a psychologist in New York! It was so incredibly awesome to see everyone again. And see how even though 10 years have passed, some things are still the same. And how some things are totally different.
It got me thinking about my life and how blessed I am. I have a wonderful husband, 2 incredible babies, and 2 awesome step-children. I had my dream career at the DA's office, and was able to leave that career for my other dream career, a full-time (well, almost) mom. I have a beautiful home, a nice car, wonderful friends....not too bad for 10 years!
Here Michael and I are ready for the 2nd night
This is one of my friends, Stacy, who has survived more than anyone in 10 years, I think! Breast cancer, a brother who was injured and is lucky to be alive, just got married...I am lucky to have her as my friend. She is such an inspiration!
To my found friends from my 10 year reunion who are now reading this, I am so glad that I got connected back up with you! I hope we don't have to wait 10 more years to see each other again.
And since I always have a photo of the boys in each post, here is one of them playing naked (well, practically) in the front yard while Michael works on his car. I never thought I would let my babies play naked in the yard. (Well, actually I didn't - Mike did, but still.) Yet here they are. And they survived. And we probably got some votes for the 'worst parents award' from anyone who saw us. But who cares. They had fun, and that's all that matters!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

If the half naked babies are the "worst thing" you've done, I think you'll manage ;) YOu and Mike look great as always and glad you had a good time.

Tina McAdams said...

I hope our reunion shows as much accomplishment as yours, however I'm sure we'll have just as much coppenhagen or alcohol at ours :) You guys look great and nakie babies are wonderful!