Saturday, May 19, 2007

Yet another birthday come and gone....

Yesterday I turned 28 years old. Although it was a great birthday, it became so apparent to me that now that I have children, they are 100% the focus of my life, even on my special day. My birthday was just another day: I still changed poopie diapers, I still had to work, I still had all of those other things that adults have to do, even on their birthdays!
My coworkers made my work day extra special though. They got me a watermelon cake! It was the coolest cake I've ever had. It was decorated as though it was a slice of watermelon! And we had Hawaiian punch, with pretty cups and napkins. It was as though we had our own little class party! Thank you Sheila and Tracy for making my day extra special at work.
After work, we all went to Kathryn's softball game. My parents got to come too! Kathryn played very well and even hit a home run! After the game, we went out to dinner. The boys were getting tired at that point and we had a minor diaper accident, but all in all, we survived. Then it was home for balloons, presents, and a wonderful dessert that my mother made.
I am so thankful that my boys have wonderful grandparents, and that I have an awesome family. Thank you mom, dad, Michael, Matthew, and Kathryn for a very special 28th birthday.
Here's Tyler shaking his toy at the ball field.
Here's Kathryn as the second baseman.

Here's grandma, Taffy, and Tyler enjoying the game.

Grandpa and Zachary do a bit of bonding at the game.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Could I be any more of a terrible friend?!?! I totally forgot to wish you a happy birthday yesterday. Please forgive me. I hope it was a good one. Wouldn't it be nice to take a day off from everything on your birthday? But then on the flipside, we'd miss having something to do and miss our kids too much to enjoy it! HA!

Princess Jessie Pants said...

Oh my!! Happy birthday!! I'm so sorry I didn't wish you Happy 'early' Birthday on Thursday!!

I'm glad you had a nice day - how nice that you had a special cake!!

Happy birthday!!

Tina McAdams said...

Happy Birthday Sweetie :) I'm so glad you had a great birthday.

It's good to see your parents (even if it is only a picture), I haven't seen them since your wedding. Of course I haven't seen you since your wedding either!

Is Taffy a yorkie? Is that their dog or yours? I have a yorkie/silky mixed. Small world.