Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My First Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day was so wonderful! Tyler woke up extra early (6:30am) to say good morning. Then my husband brought me my favorite breakfast in bed....2 donuts! A maple bar and an apple fritter. Along with a beautiful vase of purple tiger lilies. I also got a frying pan! I'm not sure how that one works into Mother's Day, but I needed it so it's all good.
That afternoon after naptime, Michael, the boys and I went to Sears and had photos taken. I wanted to have pictures to look back on to remember this day.
We then went to our friends Sandi and Irvin's house where we had a fabulous dinner. The boys got to sit at the dinner table with us and ate baby food. They also played with spoons and Sandi found a new toy for them - a small spatula. All in all, it was a fantastic day.
After struggling for so many years to get pregnant, I am so thankful for the two blessings that God has given me. I cannot imagine my life without them.
Zachary with a spoon in his mouth

Tyler with his new spatula toy

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Wow this is so cool. I too had my best Mother's Day ever. Thanks for sharing your day and the boys with us!

Princess Jessie Pants said...

How nice! I'm glad you had a wonderful first Mother's Day! Congratulations!! :)