Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A New Bundle Of Joy

Why is Tyler looking under the chair, you might be asking yourself?
To find this.
If you know our household well, you are saying to yourself 'But the Sommer family doesn't have a cat.' Yep, that's what I said too when I saw this cat. Hmmm, we don't have a cat. Odd, since there's one in my house.
This morning when I got the boys up and opened their window, I could hear a cat meowing really loudly. Then, Zachary was sitting by the front door, looking out our little window for about 5 minutes. Upon further investigation, I discovered that he was playing through the glass with a kitten. When I opened the door to shoo it away, it wanted to come in.
We did yard work this morning and the cat played with us and the boys the whole time. The next thing I know, Tyler is gone. Mike said, I bet he's inside playing with the cat. Yep. There was the cat, in our house. To make a long story short, the cat basically stayed here all day, napping in the sun, playing with the boys, etc.
Upon further discussion, we decided that the cat needs a home because he was hungry and didn't really seem to have anywhere to go. We asked around and no one is missing one in the near neighborhood. So we are going to keep it. The kids love it. And it was actually Mike's idea to keep it, which is amazing.
His new name is Nike Black Sommer. Nike, picked by Matthew, and Black, picked by Kathryn. I wanted Midnight, but I obviously lost out on the name picking. That's okay, I don't mind. Nike is kinda cool.
Tyler even sacrificed the beloved yellow blankie to cover up the kitty. What's really amazing is how gentle and patient the cat is with the boys. It is like it was meant to be.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Um, ya...I was thinking..."The Sommers got a cat?????" Totally wouldn't have expected this! But maybe a pet will teach the boys all those great lessons of life that only pets can teach!

Anonymous said...

My name is Tyler Sommer and I randomly stumbled on this blog site. It's good to see there's another Tyler Sommer out there! I live in Utah, born and raised in Idaho. Just thought I'd drop a line. Cheers.