Sunday, September 21, 2008

Enchanted Forest!

We took a trip to the Enchanted Forest before it closes for the summer. I worried the boys might be a bit young, but boy was I wrong. They loved it!!!

They really stopped and took in everything, which was a bit surprising to me.

They hit the trails and were off and running!

They even went in the Alice in Wonderland tunnel and the Indian Caves, which surprised me because it was really dark in there. Zachary stopped mid-way in one, but I went in (oh boy, I bet that was a sight! I was totally waddling like a duck!) and guided him out the rest of the way.



The boys loved this slide! They would have gone on it all day if I had let them!

You can't really tell in this picture, but, those closed windows with the shutters open every few seconds and little people pop out. Zachary stood and stared for a good 3 or 4 minutes. He was just absolutely fascinated by the opening shutters and people popping out!

Time for a snack!

We then went into the water show. I wasn't sure that the boys would like sitting and watching the water and lights but they loved it! Zachary especially!!! The music was loud and enchanting and the lights and water were really pretty. We stayed and watched it twice, just because little Zachary was so entranced. I actually got tears in my eyes just watching him watch the show. I had to take a picture of him just staring away. It was so neat to watch Zachary discover something new and be so mesmerized by it!

And of course, you can't go to the Enchanted Forest without going into the Crooked House! This was my favorite as a kid, and I could tell that it will likely be a favorite of the boys as well. They thought it was so fun to try and walk through the big room of the house. I had to take a quick video to capture their laughs (and the laughs of us adults!) and actions.

We will definitely be making a trip back next summer!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I forgot how fun Enchanted Forest can be! So glad the boys enjoyed it!!

Tina McAdams said...

YAY, Enchanted Forest rocks! I haven't been in years...probably at least 5! I'm glad they had fun.

Journal Swag said...

Oh my gosh, how CUTE they are! Is Enchanted Forest already closed for the season then?