Thursday, September 4, 2008

Just a Hotel?

We had the best evening and morning with Nike. He got to nap and play and cuddle until midnight, and then went outside to play. I found him sleeping on the porch in the little bed we made him at 6am, when Mike asked me to go get the cat. He came back to bed with us and played all morning until I took Kathryn to school. He wanted to play outside, so I left him out because I figured he'd slept on our porch and we'd fed him and let him sleep inside, so he'd definitely stick around. I ran to Walmart and bought all of the cat owner essentials and returned home shortly, but no cat was to be found. And so far, he has yet to return. So, I'm thinking that maybe we were just a much needed hotel for temporary shelter and food. We are all a bit sad, with the hopes that maybe he'll come back but we also know that maybe he finally had his belly full and his rest and went home to wherever he came from. If we were indeed just a hotel instead of a home, that is okay. We had fun while it lasted, but we still keeping checking the back porch to see if he is there. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

What? No cat now??? I'm so confuseld!

Well, maybe this is a sign to adopt one from the Humane Society!