Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Catching Up

Update time. The boys and I went to Grants Pass for a few days with Trish to say hi to her family down there. I had a terrible mommy moment and forgot my camera. But Trish remembered hers so pictures will come shortly. We got to go to a Wildlife Refuge down there and saw 5 black bears, 2 grizzly bears, cougars, a lynx, two wolves, a bunch of eagles...the boys had a great time! And amazingly, they did phenomenal on the car ride down!!!
Matthew and Kathryn are both into the groove with school. They seem to be really enjoying it. Matthew is on the heavyweight football team at his school this year and he loves it. I am so proud of him. He is playing quarterback some of the time. Talk about pressure! But he handles it so gracefully and is incredibly dedicated to being the best quarterback he can. Kathryn just auditioned for and made Honor Choir, so she's pretty jazzed about that. They are growing so fast.
Speaking of growing fast....the boys will be 2 on Friday. Yikes, where have the years gone? They are presenting all sorts of fun new challenges as they approach two. The latest is climbing out of their cribs constantly. Naptime and bedtime have, for the first time, become a bit of a challenge! Zachary LOVES to get into bed with Tyler. Today, I heard him awake from nap and went in to find him in Tyler's crib, stroking Tyler's hair while he was sleeping. So precious! And tonight, about 20 minutes after I put the boys to bed, Zachary came walking out of his room carrying his milk and blankie. It was so cute, but I had to keep up with my parenting approach of discipline and putting him back in his crib. Oh....and the other latest thing. Nudity. My boys love it. So, duct tape has now become my best friend. It's the only thing that keeps their diapers on.
The cat still has no name. It has been over a week. He is finally settling in and sleeps with Mike and I every night. I told Mike tonight that tomorrow is the day that we WILL pick a name for him!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hey, I used to volunteer at Wildlife Images with my mom! It is indeed a neat place.

Tina McAdams said...

ha ha...duct tape...I love it!!! And I've seen it used before. They're growing so fast. Thank you for all the pictures and videos. Even though I haven't got to meet them in person, I feel like I know them a little.