Thursday, November 5, 2009

Food Wars at our house...





So, as I'm sure you can imagine, a LOT of food is consumed at our house. Primarily by Matthew, who is 6'3" and 235 lbs. at the age of 14, and Michael who is 6'7" with an undisclosed weight. Michael only eats out of serving dishes and platters. I'll make a beautiful dinner and give him a normal plate, and he'll get a serving bowl and fill it up. I have given up on trying to correct this behavior because I don't think it will ever change.

Michael and Matthew constantly have contests on who can eat the leftovers the fastest. Mike usually wins because he gets home from work at 6am and gets it before Matthew gets up at 6:15am. If I ever want anything, I have to wrap it up in foil and hide it in the cheese drawer or something.

So last night, I made a huge homemade pizza with tons of toppings and cheese. There was a ton left at 7pm.




And notice that our fridge is not lacking for food. So, last night at 9:30pm, I opened the fridge and found this note taped to the shelf. Matthew wrote it to Mike, so that he would find it at 6am this morning:

'Ha ha no pizza for you!!'

Seriously!?! My house is like a 24 hour eating contest! I can only imagine how bad it will be when the boys are both 14!!! : )



3 comments:

Princess Jessie Pants said...

LOL. That's funny! I'm entertained that Mike likes to eat out of serving dishes too. :)

Kaye said...

Send them to my house or I'll send our left overs to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaye said...

Send them to my house or I'll send our left overs to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!