Saturday, April 11, 2009

(Pre) Easter Fun

I have to confess, I sort of felt like 'Super Mom' today. At times I felt behind me to see if I had a cape. Okay, not really, but I did feel like 'Do-it-all mom' if that is such a thing. Our day was so packed with activities, and with Mike's graveyard schedule, most of it fell on me. Let me tell ya, I'm tired! But it was a fantastic day! It started off by dropping Kathryn at her double-header baseball game on my way out of town to an Easter egg hunt for the boys. We're part of this fabulous multiples group in town and one of the moms had us all to her place for egg hunting, play in her awesome back yard, and some time with her goats, chickens, and rabbit.
The boys spent a huge chunk of time on this swing. After a while, I got tired of pushing and made them jump on the TWO trampolines at Kari's house.
Then it was off to the barn to see the animals. Zachary was totally enthralled with the chickens and their noises. He talked right back to them.
The goats were very friendly (and I mean jump-on-your-back-friendly) and the boys got to pet them and the bunny. It was so much fun!
Then came the Easter egg hunt. Well, it wasn't much of a 'hunt'. The hunt was about 200 eggs laying quite obviously in the grass. But for the kids who were all ages 1-3 or so, it was perfect. Oh my gosh, the boys had fun! They really got into the baskets this year.

It was a tiny bit cold outside, but it didn't rain!!!

Tyler was able to collect about 15 eggs and some other random packages of candy in the yard, and Zachary got 6. Only because after each egg, he had to open it, see what was in it, then close it back up and head on his way.

Then it was time for some more playground play...gotta have a rock climbing wall!

Then I raced them home, threw together a spaghetti sauce in the crock pot for dinner, made my green bean casserole, cleaned the house a bit, made lunch for the boys, put them down for a nap, then raced off to Kathryn's games.
It was her first tournament and she did very well! She is playing 2nd base this year. Then it was off to Walmart for a few last minute groceries. What a NIGHTMARE!!!
And of course we had to dye the Easter eggs!

The boys really enjoyed it this year! Its nice to have them at an age where they kind of understand what we're doing a bit more.
By the time Tyler was done with eggs, his entire hands were green. Still are! Mike and I couldn't get them clean so he looks like a little martian.

Zachary is very good about finding multiple uses for items. I was cleaning the kitchen and he kept saying 'mom, mom, mom, mom, mom' over and over until finally I turned around and said, what?!? He said, 'HAT!' with this basket over his head. Okay, so he made me laugh. It was a great day and I think we're all ready for Easter. I'm sure there will be more pics to come from the building of the Easter Bunny's house (think gingerbread house-ish)!

No comments: