Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy Half

The boys' friend Tristan celebrated his half birthday today! His birthday is December 26th and since it is so close to the holidays, his parents have started celebrating half birthdays, which is such a cool idea! We got to go to his party and play in his new sandbox (well, pea gravel box, but I've decided that Mike and Tiff are totally onto something...I am loving pea gravel vs. the sand).

And of course, they had to help Tristan open his presents!
Thanks Tristan for inviting us over for your half birthday! Happy one and a half!
-
And changing the subject entirely.....why is my little boy so fascinated with my bras? He loves to get them out and play with them! And of course he has to drag them all out and drape them around his neck and swing them around. I have to say, it is somewhat embarrassing, especially when company is over! I know that one of these days, I'll be entertaining new friends or something, and down will come Tyler with all of my bras around his neck, and I will be mortified. So tonight, he gets into my drawer. And I say 'Tyler, please put the bras away and close the drawer'. (And while I'm saying this, I am of course reaching for my camera because it is one of those moments that must be photographed for later embarrassment)
And you can see him thinking 'Mom....do I really have to?' To which I say 'Yes Tyler, please put them away and close the drawer'. And see what he does?

Oh what a sweet child I have.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy 1/2 Birthday Tristan! What a great idea to celebrate his 1/2 birthday!! Pea gravel, what a GREAT idea...so much cleaner than sad, yet just as fun to play with!

Oh my, the bra pictures are hilarious! He's probably thinking, why do I have to put them away if you're taking pictures?

Tiffany said...

I have to say those are 3 cute little tikes! And I'm not biased in the least bit.

The bra photo is absolutely a RIOT! I think it is such good blackmail material for later. SO funny! And what is even funnier is he's already learned to plug his ears so he can't hear you.

Princess Jessie Pants said...

That kid cracks me up! Oh my goodness - that bra photo is too funny. He's going to provide good material for you to use against him in the future! :)

Journal Swag said...

How precious are those funny little men! Darlings!

Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog! You're a doll. Hope to see you soon when I'm at work!

Hugs,

Sheila

Tina McAdams said...

Senior Class Pictures, here we come!!! Lovin' the bra pictures, too funny. Great idea with the 1/2 birthday and pea gravel. Will definitely have to keep that in mind for future.