Saturday, May 10, 2008

Too Good To Be True

Sometimes I think that my life is too good to be true. But then one of my boys comes and gives me a kiss on the cheek and I realize that yes, it is in fact real. I am so lucky. This Mother's Day I have been giving my thanks to God that I have these two precious children that have changed my life in ways I can't even begin to describe. After years of struggling with infertility and feeling that emptiness and the longing for a child, I have been doubly blessed.
Even in the 'not so fun' times of the puking, the times when the boys are fighting with each other and all I want to do is get dinner made, and so on, I still just love them so much I can hardly even describe it. Motherhood is an amazing thing. As I was talking to my doctor this week on the phone about Tyler's allergic reaction to the medicine for his staph infection, he said slightly sarcastically, 'Welcome to parenthood! The fun never stops. Isn't it great?!?' And I said 'yes, it is. Every moment, believe it or not. I love it'. And it's true. Okay, maybe not every moment. But yes, I love being a parent. It is the greatest gift ever.
I am so thankful to my mother and my grandmothers who raised me to be the person that I am today. I am so lucky that my boys will have them in their lives to lead them and guide them into the men they will be someday.
Happy Mother's Day to all of you! Thank you for being a part of our lives!

1 comment:

Tina McAdams said...

They're growing so fast!!! Thank you for sharing your heart. I pray one day I'll be able to give that kind of thanks too. I may not understand the infertility, but I know He has something in store for me. Thank you for being an inspration to keep my faith going.