Monday, May 5, 2008

Medical Mystery

Ever seen the show 'House'? Well, I feel like my life has been an episode of House for about the last 3 weeks. We took Zachary into the doctor for a spot on his leg which turned out to be a little infection, but while there I showed the doctor this weird rash on Tyler and he said 'yeast'. So we started a cream for that. 7 days later, the rash was still there and spreading. Quickly. So, a phone call later, we had a second cream. Well, after 4 days of that, the rash was now up half of his tummy and back, and down to his knees. So, I called yet again and said 'Okay, I know I'm a first time mom, but I'm starting to freak out a little bit here'. So we got a third cream, a cortison one which I was told was the 'strongest'. So, we start on that. And the part around the diaper area seemed to improve, but the weird red spots that had spread were just not getting better. I just had this weird feeling and finally today said, 'we're going back'. So I haul the boys in myself this afternoon and the doctor takes one look and says 'staph infection.' So, we have now started oral antibiotics for the staph infection and still have the cream for the yeast infection. Thank goodness we caught the staph infection this early! Those can be very scary! So after two weeks of trying to figure out why the mystery rash was spreading and which cream is going to work, I think we finally have it under control. Thank goodness for doctors who know what they're doing!

2 comments:

Tina McAdams said...

oh my

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! That is terrible!!