Saturday, October 29, 2011

Football

The boys finished football today. They played flag football this year through a Christian league called Upwards Sports. I cannot say enough amazing things about this league. We will be Upwards kids for many years to come, I am sure. They also have basketball so that will be next winter. The boys had the best time ever, and our team had amazing coaches. The boys made friends that I know they will see for years to come. This week was their team party and they both got awards and trophies.


Zach got the 'Intensity Award' because let me tell ya, this normally easy-go-lucky guy was all business on the football field (mini-Matthew). He was all over the ball and pulling those flags and loved to blitz the QB and pull his flag. One coach told me that Zachary was one of his favorites to coach and one of the most coach-able players on the team. Zach was always so eager to learn something new and do whatever was asked and had an amazing attitude no matter what.

I couldn't get Tyler to show me his award and smile, but he got the 'Best Effort Award'. Tyler was always out there hustling and doing anything he could and always gave 100%. He also was really helpful to other players and other teams. I was really proud of Tyler to watch him control his energy and focus it on the field in such a positive way. He had some phenomenal defensive plays where he was looking ahead and anticipating what would happen next and had some great offensive runs. Last week he ran in a touchdown AND scored the 2-point conversion.
I'm a super-proud mom of these two guys! And we survived the entire season, practices and games, with no rain. Talk about lucky! And we came away with some friends that I know we will have for years to come. Can't wait for next year!!!

No comments: