Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I wish life would slow down......

Gosh, these last several weeks have been crazy. I have been out of town every weekend for the last 4 weekends now. I am looking forward to being home this weekend! My grandfather passed away on May 15th, and that has been a bit tough, but I am so thankful that he is in Heaven and not in pain anymore. As Zachary put it, "Grandpa is in heaven now with a new healthy body."

***

This last weekend we got to have a fun break and went camping for Memorial Day. We went with my parents and some friends of ours who also have 4 year old twin boys and a little girl just 4 months older than Kylie. It was the perfect combo for the kids, and with Kathryn and Matthew there, we had built-in babysitters!


This is my dad's favorite position on camping weekends. You will notice a theme (and even the same chair) throughout the weekend.
The first full day we took the kids fishing at a lake nearby. Didn't catch anything (um, I am thankful for that!) so the kids were a bit disappointed, but it was still fun.









I am not sure how I managed to snap a picture of my dad holding a fishing pole, as he only held it for maybe 18 seconds!






These are the other twins. This is Luke, Tyler, Braedon, and Zachary. We met their parents in our birthing class at the hospital when we were both pregnant with twin boys.







See, same chair. Same position. I think same clothes even. We didn't have hook-ups. No electricity, no showers.


Tons of s'mores that weekend.








Look at that little girl with her high ponytail and her 'little miss thang' attitude. She rocks my world.

A little story from camping. My parents had 2 jump ropes in their trailer from hunting season last year for the boys to play with. On the last morning (everyone was a bit tired after 4 days of camping and no naps for the kiddos) the boys found the jump ropes. 4 little boys, 2 jump ropes. Zachary didn't want to share. So I called him over to me to have a little chat about sharing. I said to him, "Zachary, there are 4 of you playing with the jump ropes and only 2 jump ropes. What needs to happen so that you can all get along?" His response: "You need to go to the store and buy 2 more jump ropes." Yep, too smart for his own good.





1 comment:

Mike and Mindy Roth said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun time away. That is funny that your dad didn't move the whole weekend. Jk