Monday, August 30, 2010

State Fair

Made our trip to the Oregon State Fair today. It was actually nice and cool because it rained pretty good last night, and that made it perfect fair weather. Not too crowded either! The boys got to see Blaze before we went in and got free Blazer bags.









Apparently whoever made this worked on it for 6 years! Now thats dedication!









Mike fell in love with the Tillamook Baby Loaf van.










Face painting...Mr. Robot.










Petting Zoo!














































You will notice a theme here. Kylie points at everything and touches with just the one finger. So cute!


































We were unfortunate enough to go to the Reptile Tent. Tons of lizards, snakes, etc. YUCK! Mike wouldn't even go in, and I went in and stayed in the middle only to make sure my children were not eaten by some sort of giant snake. Much to my chagrin, there was a lady holding a red snake that the kids could touch. Oh boy, just what I wanted them to do. But I held my thoughts in and let them touch so that I didn't project my HUGE fear of snakes upon them. Tyler LOVED it of course. Had to have Grandma drag him away because there was no freaking way I was getting near that thing!!



Smokey the Bear! Zachary asked me a dozen questions about where Smokey lives, and what does he eat, and where does he sleep, etc. Gotta love the 'why' phase.











Horns!! Well, Mike corrected me (much to his embarrassment) that they are antlers, but whatever. Looks like horns to me!























More pointing, this time to a cow.















And a horse!






















































And then we got to do the rides. And yet another fear of mine: Heights. You will notice Aunt Trish and Mike in the car on the Ferris Wheel and me safely on the ground taking photos.







Tyler's favorite, the helicopter.


























They even did the kiddie swings! I was a bit surprised by that, but again, glad they haven't developed my fear of heights or being swung around in objects barely attached by a chain.


















Kylie supervising
















I love the look on Tyler's face.

























And this ride is the biggest rip-off of all. I couldn't talk the boys out of it. But they liked it, so again, whatever. : )


















No comments: