Saturday, May 1, 2010

Preschool Career Day



Mike was asked to speak at the boys' preschool's Career Day. So many of the kids want to be police officers 'when they grow up' so it was really neat that they asked Mike to come in. The boys were sooooo excited. They asked me every day for almost 2 weeks if it was time for daddy to come to class yet.



About 30 minutes before we had to go to the school, I heard Mike out in the garage. I went out to see what he was doing, and he was shining his boots. I said, 'um, are you shining your boots for the 3, 4, and 5 year olds? I promise they won't know the difference.' He said 'of course I'm shining my boots! I need to look my best!'






The School Resource Officer there at the school brought her police car up so that the kids could take a close look at the patrol car too.








Zachary loves his teachers at school. This one in particular. In fact, he was telling me Thursday night about how much he 'likes my pretty teacher who wore pink today.' Oh boy.....

































The tables are so tiny in the classroom (obviously). So Mike just got down on the floor on his knees. I thought it was so cool that even though it is so tough for him to get down so low, he tried really hard to be so close to the kids.

No comments: