Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Creations of Love

I have become addicted to taking the boys and Kathryn (and even Matthew once!) to Create A Memory to make creations for gifts. The boys have so much fun with the paint and I just love that their 'creativeness' is captured for all time.
For my birthday, Aunt Trish took the boys to make me this platter. I love it!!! It has their handprints, along with their lovely smearing/painting all over. I can't wait to use it over and over!
The boys made this for Mike for Father's Day. We are now using it for a candle holder in our bedroom. All of the scratches in the paint are courtesy of Tyler, who loved to scrape on it with the tips of the brushes, and Zachary didn't want to touch the paint so he 'sponged' this to death. I love having the memories of the boys making each piece!

1 comment:

Tina McAdams said...

Awwww, I love this type of thing. We go to a place called Cermic Cafe here and do stuff like this. Maddie (my bff's daughter) made one for her mom and it ended up being black by the time she was finished. She used so many colors and mixed them all together. But she had fun and her mom loved it. So glad you have great memories. And thanks for sharing with us.