Friday, January 25, 2008

Shots Stink

For those of you that know me well, you know that I despise needles. I mean, freak out, pass out, hate needles. And I think one of the worst things for me as a parent is watching (well, not actually watching because I'd pass out, but knowing when) the boys get their shots. It just doesn't seem fair to stick needles in their little thighs when they just don't understand why we're intentionally hurting them. Thank goodness I have people like Mike, my parents, and my good friends who come with me to appointments and hold the boys for me while they get their shots. I realize that the children need to be vaccinated, but why does it have to be so miserable?
The boys had shots on Wednesday and for some reason, this time they are really affected. Both have very high fevers, and poor Tyler hasn't slept in days! Which means that I haven't slept in days. We are pretty much miserable in this house. But this too shall pass, and the good news is that we're done with shots until the boys are 5!
Kathryn has been quite the helper today. She snuggled with Tyler while I got Zachary ready for bed.
Zachary seems to be feeling a bit better this evening. The fever is down to 100 while Tyler is still at 102. I am praying for some sleep tonight and for 98.6 tomorrow!!!


No comments: