Thursday, January 3, 2008

Recovery In Progress...

I want to thank everyone who sent thoughts and prayers our way this week for Zachary's surgery. All went well and he is on the mend with about a one-inch incision in his eyebrow line. His poor little hands are bruised from the IV attempts and his eyelid is swollen and black and blue, but if you hadn't seen any of those things, you never would've known that he'd just had surgery. He is such a strong little boy....even after recovery and feeling so icky from the anesthesia, he was trying to smile and play. And I am proud to say that I did pretty well too, considering that I had to hand my little boy off to a strange nurse knowing what they were going to be doing to him! I think the doctor was more proud of me for surviving without freaking out than he was of Zachary! Thanks again everyone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy :)

Anonymous said...

Little angel boy! I am so glad he is doing well!!
Sheila

Tiffany said...

He's a trooper! Children are so resiliant! I think alot of things are harder for parents to watch than for the kiddos to experience. We both have to thank our lucky stars that our kids are so healthy with no serious problems!

Unknown said...

Thank you for your comment on my Blog! I finally confessed to Mike a few days ago that I had been reading your blog and he said "Oh yah, I'm supposed to tell you that my wife reads yours too." It was really funny!

I am so glad little Zach is doing so well. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you, too...but you seem to be doing well, too!

Meghan :)