Sunday, September 23, 2007

What a PARTY!!!

Yesterday we had such a wonderful 1st birthday party. Yes, I know....1st birthday parties are not so much for the kids but pretty much to make the mom happy. And yep, I'm happy! It went great. I loved our theme and everything tied together so well. We had wonderful food, and great family and friends over. I am so thankful for everyone that came because each play an important role in my boys' lives.
Here's the cake. Isn't it amazing? I was so pleased. Our friend Keith's mom makes cakes and she did this for us. She lives in Dallas and is so cheap for what she does. And the cake tasted great too, which is an added bonus! (I'll gladly give out her name and number to anyone interested!)
Tyler's picture board
Zach's picture board
You gotta have a banner!
The cake table - Noah's Ark confetti, Noah's Ark gummies, an actual Ark....too cool!

Tyler's cake - a panda bear
And yes, Zachary had a panda bear cake too. Shocker, I know.
Trish and Tyler
Lots of food (we had way too much, but better too much than not enough!)
Tyler dancing with Meredith
The boys chillin'. Oh wait, and Trish hanging with the boys! What a shocker.
Mike setting the burgers on fire. Er, I mean cooking.
Grandma and Tyler. Why he's eating an egg plate I have no idea.
I'll have some cake! No, me first! No, me first! Our twin friends Luke and Braedon with dad Keith.
Grandpa and Tyler just chillin'.
Zachary playing in the grass. Just chillin' too.
Lots of presents!
Once Tyler found some ribbon, that was all he cared about.
Yes, its Mike Jr. Tyler devoured his cake.
Zach was a bit more hesitant. He dug in but didn't really care for the frosting. He just wanted the cake part inside.


Playing around after the party.

2 comments:

Glory Laine said...

Looks like it was a perfect day. You really out did yourself. Great memories from the whole year. Love the post picture boards.

Tina McAdams said...

Melissa, it looks like the party turned out wonderfully. I'm so excited for you. The boys are growing so fast! Take care.