Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Cube and the Stairs

So, I had 2 heart attacks today. I am totally in the denial stage about my childrens' ability to climb stairs. I have the baby gate at the top of the stairs but have not yet put one downstairs because I just didn't think they would figure out how to climb the stairs yet. Today, I turn around and there is Tyler, about 6 stairs up. Hello! When did he learn to climb the stairs??? Then, after Mike got home from working 24 hours straight, Mike walked upstairs and I heard him start yelling for me come 'NOW!' So I run to the stairs and there is Tyler, up again about 8 stairs and closing in on Mike. Yes, he obviously has figured out UP, but I don't want him to fall DOWN since he hasn't figured that part out yet.
In other Sommer news...I bought this climbing cube at a garage sale and today was the first day the boys got to use it. They really seemed to enjoy it. Especially the slide!
Here's the cube....
Zach is figuring it all out....
Tyler is climbing UP the slide now too...
And he's found the little tunnel....
Zachary is ready to slide down

3 comments:

Kelli said...

it's super easy to teach them to go down the stairs. it was the first thing i did when larissa figured out how to go up. What helped even more was that she had been in swim class and had figured out to safety slide into the pool. She we taught her how to safety slide off everything, stairs, furniture the bed, you name it. didn't take long and now I don't have to worry about her falling down them!

Tiffany said...

I can't belive they are climbing on the cube already! I was thinking that would be months off even for your little monkeys (by the way, I scored the cube I called you about last week!). Geesh, they aren't just going to be walking by their birthdays, they are going to be RUNNING at this rate!

Princess Jessie Pants said...

Hey...don't you have any new pictures of those cute boys? It's been 1 week...new post, new post!! :)

I hope you are having a wonderful week & you just haven't had time to post because of all of the fun you guys are having...