Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring has sprung at the Sommer house....



I love spring. Love, love love! Love the flowers, love the gardening, love the colors.











The kids and I took advantage of the sun this week and got to planting!












My pretty new plant stand on the back deck













We always have fuschia baskets out front and I really like to get the cheap fuschia starts and nurse them into big healthy baskets. I have 4 starts in each basket...can't wait to watch them grow!









And my absolute favorite....my lilacs are blooming!! Even though they have not totally bloomed yet, they still smell great, and these beauties are in my room.
















And we also have a new fish in our house. I used to have one at home and one at work, but, they both jumped out of their tanks overnight so I decided it was God's way of telling me that I shouldn't have any more fish for a while. But I knew the boys would die to have a fish in our house since they are so excited about the fish in our pond, that I decided to surprise them when they got home from preschool today.












Any guesses on the new fish's name: Yep, NEMO.

























The boys have also discovered that they can get rides from daddy on his Harley whenever they look really cute and beg. Zachary on the front, Tyler on the back. Granted, they only go back and forth down the driveway, but, they love it and Zachary always yells to go 'Faster, Daddy, faster!'









And while this is happening, I sit near the phone and brace myself with my thumbs posed over the numbers 9, 1, and 1, because I am sure that this is probably going to be disasterous at some point when one of them falls off. *sigh* But, I am trying to let go of my anxiety and be a cool, hip, Harley mom.







2 comments:

Sharlee said...

OMGOSH the look on those boys faces is priceless. They are loving it!!!! Aliyah would be so jealous. She always asks Alex to ride on his Yeehaw. Though Alex's bike is not as sweet as Mikes!

Princess Jessie Pants said...

You make me laugh about your fingers on the numbers 911 - I would totally do the same thing!! (Although you're probably kidding & I'm not). :)

Fun post - love your flowers & so happy the boys have a new fish.