Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Mother's Day to Not Remember

I know, I know, you're thinking what? She wants to forget Mother's Day? Well, this year, yes. Or at least I want to forget everything else that has been going on except the part about recognizing Moms today. The boys have been dreadfully sick with a flu bug since Thursday night. We were pretty close to taking Tyler into the hospital, but I think we're going to make it through without having to go. My Mother's Day has consisted of puke, laundry, holding sick children, etc. I have to admit, yesterday I was sad because I was thinking about all of the things I wanted to take the boys to do today. But then I realized...duh! This is what being a mom is all about! Every day, puke or no puke, is about being a mom when you have kids and we can do fun stuff any other day too! I am just so thankful to have my beautiful children, sick or not. I am grateful to be able to take care of them while they are sick. I am blessed to be the one that they want to hold them during this time. That's what Mother's Day is all about!
__
Happy Mother's Day to all of you! I hope yours is definitely a Mother's Day to remember!

No comments: